Tuesday

Sometimes when I read headlines on fashion sites/magazines/commentaries that reiterate something (a trend) I saw 4 months ago in Nylon or even better- 6 months ago on a runway like it's some brand new concept they just discovered, I want to say: "Fucking duh, _________ is in now."

Lately, I've been seeing more and more shocked "Waistlines are on the rise!" If you missed the notice, here it is, high waists are back and, ahem, "Fucking duh."


Imitation of Christ

Alexander McQueen

Diane von Furstenberg

Stella McCartney

Anna Sui

Emporio Armani

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omfg, the higher waistlines starting coming in like 2 years ago. lol. stupid people at the magazine places.

i don't really like high-waisted pants. but i do like a dress or long(ish) shirt with a belt or something around the waist. it has the same sorta effect

Anonymous said...

I agree that sometimes high waistlines look like shit. However, I also agree with the New York Metro write-up about high waistlines that says "It looks flattering on everyone." At least we'll all look about 5 lbs., thinner while the trend lasts, and hey, I'm kind of excited about the change, the Britney Spears circa 1999 low-rise jeans got old (by the year 2001).